Monday, August 23, 2010

Diaper Decisions...

So I had recommendations about which brand of diapers to use but in the beginning I thought "Does it really matter?"
Answer: YES
Different kids fit differently, but here is my take.
I have a little girl with (sorry this gets descriptive) runny, explosive bowel movements. Meaning it is very important to have the right diaper fit.
Huggies has one kinda with a little pocket in the back. They're most expensive version, but it held in her poop most of the time. I have really liked Pampers babydry (not the newest swaddlers, meaning they're a little cheaper) but I was still looking for a cheaper version. Its hard to know if store brands will hold up.
Well, I had recommendations to try Targets store brand and never try Walmarts. So I got the Target brand and have been very disappointed. Just about every poop comes out the leg. Somehow it doesn't fit my chubby-theighed, small bottom girl right.
I liked the Albertson's store brand fairly well, however that was just once while visiting my parents, since I don't have one around where I live.
My final conclusion was Luvs. They appear on the inside just like the Pampers BabyDry, but cheaper! The difference is that Pampers seem a little softer on the outside while Luvs have a little bit of a plasitc feel.

I must also say, just keep going up in size! She was leaking through newborn size like a pro. I moved her up to size 1 at 2 weeks and that was probably 1 week too late. She was out of size 1 around 1 1/2 months. However, size 2 have kept her contained for awhile now. And they finally actually fit. Probably about time to move up a size, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment