Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sleep Stealing Monster

Our household has been battling the sleep stealing monster for over a week now. Nathan can't fall asleep, I can't stay asleep in the middle of the night, and Samantha doesn't want to sleep past 5 or so. It'd be slightly better if we coordinated and were all awake at the same time, or at least 2 of us!
My poor baby is teething/sick and it seemed like the end was in sight until today when she got up at 4:45am, would not go back to sleep, had trouble taking a morning nap and is now coughing through her afternoon nap. :-( I feel so bad for her...
And in the midst of sleep deprivation this morning, I was contemplating which child to put up for adoption, because there was no way I could handle her like this and a newborn! I'm now getting very anxious about the lack of sleep with an infant. When Samantha was a baby, it was only her, and when she was feeding 2-3 times at night, I could get her to sleep in till 8 or 9am and I was doing fine, hardly needing a nap! I don't know what I'll do when I have an infant waking up 2-3 times to eat and a toddler ready to go at (oh let's hope) 6 or 7am.
Someone who's been there, please tell me I'll survive and its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment