Thursday, December 3, 2009

New wardrobe? ...Maybe soon

Today was my 3rd doctor's appointment, and although its nice to hear the heartbeat, I felt like it was an appointment I could have had over the phone.
Dr comes in, listens to heartbeat and asks "Have you had any problems?"
"Not really," I say.
"Ok, that's great, see you again in 4 weeks!"

However, I did talk to the insurance lady and the nurse weighed me and checked my blood pressure. Weight was up about 4 pounds, but I did have on heavy shoes and an extra pair of pants. We'll get to that later...
So the whole visit with check in, money talks, vitals check, dr visit, and check out was all within an hour. Efficient, friendly, and professional.

And then....

After work, I went to the post office to pick up a package. Pick up a package. No paying, nothing complicated, just show up, get an envelope and leave, right?
Yeah...RIGHT.
The man, who I'm sure was very worn out with the holiday rush, took at least a full minute to verify my ID and the other 2 people picking things up. Then went to the back for over 5 minutes and came back with 2 letters (not my package) then took another 5 minutes to get his scanner thing to work and make those 2 people sign in at least 2 places and write their address on the back of the card they came in with (which already had their address!) Then he turned to me and said "oh, let me get your package"
Uh huh....
So he goes to the back for another 5 full minutes and comes out empty handed. He has to go ask another postal worker who is helping customers where my package might be. You'd think with such a big warehouse in the back, they might have some sort of system, though it appears they just throw it all in a pile and have to go digging. Apparently the second postal worker had a little more of an idea where the package might be because the third time my man came out, he was holding my envelope. Victory.
So I sign, with my own pen, because he doesn't have one on the counter, and then he says "oh, you didn't need to sign, the scanner took care of it." goody.
All in all, over 20 minutes (I timed it) to pick up a package.

So based on today's experiences, I'd prefer the government NOT to run my health care.

But back to the title of the post. My belly is beginning to bulge, just a little. Sometimes in the evening, it was getting a little poochy, and occasionally I'd unbutton the top button of my pants after dinner. But today, all day, I felt big and I had to put hair ties over both buttons on my pants. And they were stretching...
When I got home, I put on my bigger jeans (again with a hair tie button closure) to go to walmart after we ate. Well, we ate and I was uncomfortable walking around in those sorta tight, sorta feel like they're falling off jeans.
Perhaps I should look into maternity pants?
Naaaah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment