Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Well, Merry Christmas, a day late. I've been so busy and so many things have happened, I feel as though I should update the blog, but I'm not sure what all is interesting to people.
To comment on the pregnancy. At about 16-17 weeks, I started feeling the flutters of movement. I was unsure at first if that was the baby, but many people had described it to me and the nurse said it was likely that I would start feeling it and she was right! 2 days before our big ultrasound, on a Saturday morning when we were lying in bed, I told Nathan that tic-tac was moving around a lot. He put his hand up there and she gave him two hard kicks! He was sure hoping it was a soccer-playing boy after that! I think it was exciting for him to finally feel it, because he'd tried before but they had been so little, that they couldn't really be felt outside.

So Monday afternoon we had our big ultrasound! The technician explained what she would do was take pictures and measurements and then point stuff out to us. It was just so neat to watch everything on the screen while she was doing it. She labeled the pictures as she was going, so I could double-check but I thought it was pretty obvious what was seen on the screen. It is just so amazing, the way God creates life so small. So then she spent a good 5 minutes looking at our little baby's bottom and assuring us that those were girl parts, and there were no boy parts. LoL

Nathan had said something as we walked in about not wanting to know if it was a girl, but he was pretty excited once he found out. Just worried that he would spoil her too much! He's watched his brother with their two little girls and Jason has a hard time saying no to them, I think Nathan is afraid he'll be the same. Its sweet that their daddy loves them so much and dotes on them so much.

Wednesday we flew in to Albuquerque where it is colder, but there is no snow. Thats ok. It would make traveling home hard, so if it does come, I hope it comes soon and not too much to clear off later.

At Christmas yesterday, we opened presents with just the 6 of us (yes, my brother is engaged and his fiancee Paula is with us too) then we had more family members join us for Christmas dinner around 2:30pm. Also my cousin Cindy and her husband Brian flew in later in the afternoon with their little girl, Corinne. She is 5 months and pretty adorable. I kept thinking that next year, our little girl will be about that age at Christmas and how fun and exciting it would be. I did get to hold Corinne for awhile and amid playing and smiling at others, she would lean back and snuggle into my arm. :-) So sweet I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment