Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vegetables!

I just wanted to share, as I eat my eggs, bagel, and muffins for dinner, that I have a whole new way to enjoy vegetables! First, V8 fusion - tastes like yummy fruit juice but with a whole serving of fruit also comes a whole serving of vegetables! Delicious.
Also, (not sure how much of a serving it is) but Garden Vegetable cream cheese. MMMMmmm.

At 20 weeks, I'm 'halfway' though you never really know when the baby will come and besides, the first month hardly counts since I didn't even know I was pregnant and felt completely normal! But because of Christmas vacation and stuffing myself with all sorts of food, and being waited on by mom and dad when they were around, I LOVE food. Which is really good, because the doctor was mad at me at my last visit for not gaining enough weight. Well, the belly is here and I'm putting all the food in my mouth I can (most days) and I think I will have gained an acceptable amount by my next visit. :-) As long as I continue this trend.
Eating a lot though, is time consuming and sometimes a pain. I can't go for a long shopping trip, cause I have to eat. I have to think waaaay ahead for work and pack a ton of food. Like today. I packed nuts (for a quick pick me up) macaroni and cheese, tacos, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, and my wonderful V8 fusion. And I ate everything but the cottage cheese (only because I ran out of time at lunch) and then at our staff meeting, I ate chips, crackers, cheese, fruit, and a brownie!
And I was STILL hungry when I got home at 6! Seriously, this much eating sure takes a lot of time. Every break at school (oh I am so thankful I teach high school and get those breaks) I have to take time to eat! I mean, I have other things to do too. Like surf the internet ... I mean take attendance, post lesson plans, and grade papers. :-)

I know, I know, most of you hate me because I can eat all I want and not gain weight. But my life isn't easy as pie either....

Anyway, I have been VERY cheery the last 2 days (hope its not a pregnancy mood swing that will go away) And my students even mentioned today that I was sure smiling and laughing a lot. "The break must have done you good, Mrs Berry" LoL They are too funny sometimes. Most of them also remembered that I kept telling them that I would know if it was a boy or girl after Christmas. So today each class took a poll and then got told who was right and who was wrong. They enjoyed that. As did I :-)

Do people rubbing or patting your belly bother you? I had 2 teachers do that today - one who is a good friend and has been doing it for at least a month, so I don't mind at all, the other teacher, one who I don't know as well and it may be a little awkward. Anyway, another teacher said this morning (as the first one patted my belly) "Don't you hate that??" So I guess she didn't like it. But not that many people have done it yet (I'm sure it will increase as the size of the belly increases)
Just wondering what any one else's opinion is.

No comments:

Post a Comment