Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just random tidbits

So I had to look up on the pregnancy calendar to make sure I was right - I'm 24 1/2 weeks. I also read on that calendar that more than 50% of babies born at this time will survive. It makes me feel less anxious, though I know there is nothing I can do. Its nice to know that if something were to happen, tic-tac is more likely to make it than not make it.
She sure moves around a lot! I know I said that before, but it is just so cool sometimes! And I think I've started to get occasional braxton-hicks contractions. I told Nathan that a few weeks ago and he wasn't so sure, but after everything the nurse told me and then having him feel it (usually in the evenings) he thinks maybe I'm right. Not more than maybe 2 in 1 day, so I think we're ok. I hope, like my mom mentioned once, that it means I'll have an easier labor cause my body will have been 'warming up' for the real thing for so long.
Other things to note. I was feeling good about the fact that I had more room to breathe, but about the last week, I've felt like I'm huge and have no room again. And I'll keep growing for the next 3.5 months?? I really don't know how that will be, but I'm trying to take Nathan's advice which is "take it one day at a time". Its true, I don't know what 3 months will bring, but I do know that tomorrow can't be much worse than today and I can handle that, so I can handle tomorrow.
I also have a cold this week which makes breathing even more annoying. Funny, the thing that keeps me alive, I find annoying. But I mean that I am taking shallow, through the mouth breaths and thats just not as fun for enjoying life. I'm thinking I'm on the downhill side of the cold though. I started to feel bad Sunday, Monday was kinda bad, yesterday and today felt pretty bad and tomorrow should be better. I'm thankful that its just a cold - no fever, no horrible feelings, just a stuffy head and a little cough. It could always be worse, so I'll take this. I know colds I can get through - and get through with little to no medicine. Some people might not be able to imagine that, but I never cared for medicine anyway, so I'd take as little as possible. So I don't really know if I could take something more than tylenol, but I try not to take much, for little tic-tac's sake. I saw what caffeine did to her at the ultrasound, so don't try to convince me that she won't feel it!
Anyway, its 8pm and about time for bed. I skipped Bible study tonight to go to bed early, so I need to do that. I just have a few things in the laundry that I'll need to hang up when they come out of the dryer. Then to bed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment