Monday, May 31, 2010

After Week 1

So I made it through a whole week at home and I should say - this weekend things have really started to seem better. Maybe its a little more sleep, maybe Samantha is actually getting on a kinda schedule, or maybe I'm just getting used to it, but things definitely look up after the last 2 days.
Samantha had her first photo shoot today. I was a little hesitant, I guess I thought we had plenty of time, but a friend at church offered to do it for us and said newborn shoots were best before she was 2 weeks old. So I said great, wonderful and after this morning I'm really excited! I didn't really have any expectations and I let Beth do a lot of what she wanted, but then I got more into it and we brought out the rocking chair and cradle and some of those pictures should be awesome! I'm glad I said yes. :-)
It all just reminds me of how very blessed we are. I haven't spent any of our money on baby things aside from the crib and now we even have photos for free. It is all so amazing and I'm so thankful for all our family and friends who love us and Samantha so much! Our church was making baskets yesterday to give to fire department, police department, etc for Memorial day and we made it to the end of the event - with cookies to add - but after a few minutes, they presented US with a basket! (Lots of extra chocolate too) I'm just more amazed every day. I really wish we didn't have to move from this area, it seems like we finally found a niche, but alas, you go where life takes you. And we'll make it and hopefully find similar people in Katy. And I know God will take care of us because I've already seen it happen.
Our house went on the market Friday - finally! Now I just have to keep it neat and clean all the time since I never know when we'll have visitors. I hope soon, we haven't had any lookers yet. Strangely I have turned into super housewife. Maybe because I'm not working and I have nothing else to do, but keeping the house clean hasn't been too much of a problem. I'm currently waiting on little one to wake up so I can vacuum, but the dishes are done, the bed is made. I'm much farther than I have been in months, years, maybe ever!
And I think I want to bake some muffins now.... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment