Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting pretty ready...

So last week was pretty chaotic with Nathan's dad and friend here to help in odd jobs and paint fixing. Our bedroom and bathroom were redone (the colors were too much, the realtor told us) and the second bath got a texture fix and new color (only because we had that color left so we didn't buy more of the original color) All of the outside got a paint job (thank goodness we don't have much wood trimming outside), the ceilings got touched up and the living room floor got its trim all back in shape. Plus under our kitchen sink got repaired, the front door got a facelift (which may be my favorite fix-up), and our backyard got another fence side replaced (the one that was waving in the wind that fell over a few times after the hurricane and allowed Libby to help herself inside via doggie door to the neighbor's house to gourge on the neighbor's dog food)

So all in all, a good week. However with baby in belly, Becky spent the night at a friend's house Wednesday, then went to mom and dad's in Katy thursday evening through sunday morning to avoid paint fumes. A little longer than expected, but aren't parents wonderful when they cook the most interesting meals just for you and all your temporary diet restrictions? My dad is a great cook - and creative!

We got the crib up at our new location, then came back to our old location where Nathan had rearranged our room so that a rocking chair and pack-n-play (nap location plus changing station) still make our room look spacious! Plus the beautiful craddle (nighttime location) and new (antique) wooden rocker are set up in the baby's temporary 'nursery'. Please don't ask where unless you promise not to judge. So I'm READY for her - I even have 3 locations for her to sleep! What I'm not ready for is to leave my students at school. I don't have the last exam written for one of my subjects nor do I have their reviews finished or the last week of lessons ready. Plus I have a mountain of papers to grade. Why then am I posting on my blog? Good Question! I'm supposed to go to bed early!

From stories of others, I'm now thinking the tell-tale sign will be a sudden burst of energy the morning of or day before labor begins. Any thoughts on your sure way to tell its coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment