Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Almost There!

I'm officially full term today! (At least by my definition) 37 weeks and counting each day!
Of course, daddy wants little boy to hold out at least 6 more days and Nonnie wants little boy to hold out (well really, hold in) at least 14 more days.
I could care less as long as he's healthy and my little girl is cared for too!
His room is ready. Well, pretty much. Waiting on a few online orders that should arrive tomorrow that I can wash and put away. I've rewashed infant bottles and new pacis. Of course there are a million projects that I wanted to get done before he came, but I'm not dead yet... ;-)

In other news, Samantha is such a sweetheart. And becoming a little more reckless? I think that's a good description. She never really got hurt learning to walk, but now she's decided she can run. And run. And run into things. :-/
She has 3 injuries from 3 days last week. She looks pretty awful. I can only imagine what they think at the church nursery :-( But little kids have accidents, right?
She is definitely testing boundaries lately. I'm trying to learn what discipline is effective for her. The last few days have been better than the days prior, so that's good. I know it will all go haywire when she has a little brother and much loss of attention, so I'm trying to at least get things on a good track before then.
Her nap schedule (when I was finally accepting and really loving the 2 naps a day) is all messed up. I think she's transitioning to 1 (finally, I know) but its not quite at the right time. Yesterday, I put her down for a nap at 8:30 and woke her up at 9:15 (to go to my mom's group) and then she took a good 1.5 hour afternoon nap at an appropriate time. So I'm kinda trying that again today. I feel awful waking a baby who is sleeping so well, but if I let her sleep in the morning then she takes no afternoon nap and then she is totally cranky in the evening. Then I put her to bed early then she gets up at some ridiculous hour in the morning. And I'd really like to sleep in past 5:30am.

So up I go to wake her up and then run some errands...

And if you have any ideas for building patience in an 18-month-old, I'd love to hear them!! She seems to be getting a little better at dealing (not throwing fits), but still whines all. day. long. Ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment