Saturday, March 17, 2012

It has a name...

Nursing strike. Although it seems most common to occur at 5-6 months I did read one other that went through it at 3 months. Not sure why: ear infection ( I don't think so though we haven't seen the dr recently), teething (seems a bit early), a different smell (have I changed my soap recently?), or a traumatic experience (uhm??). Whatever. I may ever know. I just feel better knowing it happens to others and they get through it. It does seem to be longer than usual but I've been making it easier for him by giving him bottles. I'll try some of the tips before I make life hard on me by feeding him with a dropper when he refuses to nurse.
So that's today's update. It's been a pretty frustrating last week. Ok at times, extremely frustrating. It's a pain to pump then bottle feed. It makes me feel inadequate, it takes more time away from me playing with my kiddos and they already have to share and they both still require so much care at their age. I'm a bit worn down. Feeling like I have nothing left after the kids. Where did my personality go? Didn't there used to be a Becky and not just Sam and Isaiah's mom?
I'll let you know when I find her again...
Hmm, seems I can't add photos for my phone. Sorry. Hopefully next time

No comments:

Post a Comment