Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fire....averted. :-)

So Nathan says I should post more because my pregnancy is really funny. When I write it down though, it doesn't seem that funny. Maybe he can guest post funnier stories.
Today after our staff meeting at work I was greeted by a surprise shower!! I was really REALLY surprised - I had no clue. And that's really hard to do to me! Nathan said he was jealous, he's not sure he's ever really surprised me. Anyway, it was my first shower and super exciting! I have more than I need though and I have 2 showers to go (not my choice - I would have made everyone do one, but it was really too many people)!
Anyway, I was so excited to set up a few things - even though we'll just have to move it in a few weeks. So after dinner, I went into the room to set up the infant seat/rocker. And I was having a good time with it, then the phone rang and I ran out of the back bedroom to answer it. It was my mom, so glad she called, because I realized I smelled a little smoke...from the meatballs I left cooking in the toaster oven. I had to hang up with my mom as I realized this because when I barely opened the door to turn off the toaster over, I saw flames inside. I decided it was quite a bit smokey and I should take the rest outdoors to air out.
So thanks mom for calling and saving our kitchen!
The windows are still open to try to air out the house. I'm glad its such a nice night out - perfect temp for all windows up.

I think I heard once that pregnant women are forgetful....so I'm gonna blame this one on the baby. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment